Sunday 13 September 2009

The Soul Foodist's Manifesto

I set up this blog because I want to celebrate and acknowledge the joy and power of food. It's a unifier, a comforter, a healer and all round hero. It recently dawned on me that food delivers all the best bits of religion; it brings us together and make us feel better, spiritually and physically. And as I'm sure you'll agree, a bowl of perfect vegetable soup can be like a religious experience!

Food is also a kind of mystery don't you think? I'm interested in learning what foods work to restore your soul. Do certain dishes or foods have a particular effect on your mood? My aspirations for this blog are that it will be part food diary/memoir and part therapy session. I invite you to send me your problems and together we will find something to make you feel better. Missing someone? Feeling frustrated with your work? I can't promise the problem will go away but we might be able to make you feel better. And it's not all going to be negative, people: I'd love to hear the recipes that make you feel special, that always bring a smile to your face or remind you of something or someone precious. Let the journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment